April 20, 2017

DIY Kids Play Kitchen

<>


I'm so excited to share the play kitchen I made the boys for Easter! I've been wanting to make one since last year and I'm so happy I finally did. The boys love it and have been playing with it like crazy. I scoured Pinterest for inspiration and found some adorable kitchens. I took that inspiration and made a little kitchen that fit my boys perfectly.


This kitchen was so fun to make and very simple. I decided to make one because I couldn't find one I loved for a decent price, we already had the cabinet and I love DIY projects! I painted the cabinet white with some paint we already had. I got the fabric, "burners" and knobs at Walmart and painted them black with acrylic paint. The football cutting board, which I'm slightly obsessed with, and wooden utensils are from a local thrift store. And we already had the food, pots and pans, basket and mason jar. The pots and pans are from my Grandma's childhood and I played with them, at her house, when I was little. Seeing my boys play with them brings back so many memories and makes me feel very nostalgic. I hope they will have as many wonderful memories playing with them as I do.


 
Hot glue was my best friend during this little project. I didn't even sew the fabric, I folded the sides and glued them. I also glued the burners, knobs and fabric to the cabinet and haven't had any problems with them coming off.  

 
 Kona loves making us breakfast and Kai loves dumping everything on the floor and running away. :)  I can't wait to make lots of memories and cook up all sorts of creations, with my two favorite chefs!


Please let me know if you have any questions or if I missed something.

XOXO
Follow Along: Facebook | Pinterest
<>

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh how creative, I absolutely love this! Good job!

    ReplyDelete