April 4, 2017

Kona's Camping Party


Kona's second birthday party was so much fun and I had a blast planning it! When I saw this camping theme I knew that's what I wanted to do. We had a BBQ, tent, "fire", water for the kids to play in and DIY s'more party favors.  

The invitations we sent out are from Etsy and I loved them! They turned out so cute and helped set the theme for the party. It's the little things that make me so happy!
I found this banner in the dollar section at Target and used some stencils to paint the Camp K. I hung it above the food table and loved how it turned out.  
I am not much for a baker, I can make banana bread and anything from a box, so I can not believe this cake turned out! Don't get me wrong the cake itself is from a box, but I made the "fire"! I took some red hot and butterscotch hard candies, arranged them on a cookie sheet lined with tin foil and baked them until they were melted. Once they were melted I broke them apart to look like flames and the "sticks" are pretzel's.
We had cupcakes, you can find the toppers here, and instead of ice cream we had root beer floats! It was such a fun treat and everyone loved it!
DIY s'more party favors! The tags are from this Etsy shop.
I set up a little themed treat table full of dirt cups, gummy worms as fish bate, pretzel sticks as fishing rods, and teddy grams with a "don't feed the bears" sign.
Every time I turned around the birthday boy was sneaking another gummy worm!
J.D. was in charge of making the tent and it turned out so cute! The kids loved running through it and eating lunch inside. It was so much fun we decided to leave it up for a week or two. We watched movies in it, read book, and had picnics.
I made the "fire" by cutting a circle out of a cardboard box and wrapping it with aluminum foil. Then I hot glued some rocks, sticks and tissue paper together. They were super easy to make and the kids loved pretending they were sitting around a camp fire.
 We set up a sprinkler and a kiddy pool for the kids to play in. Kona was not a fan of the sprinkler!
He also could have cared less about his cake and didn't want to sit still while everyone sang to him. Can you tell that he's trying to escape? Ha!
We had the best time celebrating our sweet boy!

You can see Kona's first birthday party here and a few details of all the boy's parties here.



  <> We ask that you don't pin any pictures of the kids. Party details are the ONLY images that are allowed to be pinned. Thank you! 

 





4 comments:

  1. What a cute theme! All the little details are perfect. I love the cake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was such a fun party to plan and put together!

      Delete
  2. This birthday party is awesome! I love a themed party. The fire on that cake is spot on! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Themed parties are my favorite! Making the cake made me extremely nervous, I'm not a baker at all, but I love the way it turned out!

      Delete