June 7, 2017

Handmade Father's Day Gift Ideas

I can't believe Father's Day is next weekend! I started thinking about Father's Day a few weeks ago, when I wrote this post about Father's Day activities, but somehow it still snuck up on me. I need to get myself in gear and start working on J.D's present! If you are like me and need to get started on a gift, I have you covered. Each year I have the boys make J.D. a Father's Day gift, along with a few more gifts I know he will love. I love having the boys make him keepsakes I know we will cherish forever. I can't wait to start working on this years gift!


2014
For J.D.'s first Father's Day, Kona made him a fishing hand and footprint keepsake. When I saw this idea on Pinterest I knew J.D. would love it. It was super easy to make, and we still have it displayed on our book shelves.   


2015
For J.D's second Father's Day, we made him a race track shirt (I got the idea and template here). I knew J.D. would love this gift because he use to beg Kona to walk on his back and rub it. He still wears the shirt and the boys think it's so much fun to drive cars on his back. J.D get's to relax and get a back rub, and the boys have a blast crawling all over him. "Clark, that's the gift that keeps on giving the whole year."  Anybody else a Clark Griswold fan?!


2016
Last year I made 4 signs, out of cardstock, that said "We Love Our Dad" for some pictures of the boys. Trying to take these pictures was extremely comical and a little frustrating, but they are so special to us and hang in our bedroom. And, yes, Kai is trying to eat the "We" sign, and Kona didn't want Kai holding any of them. I'm sure we gave people, at the park, a good laugh and story to tell!

In addition to these handmade gifts, the boys have also given J.D. his favorite bottle of whiskey, The Book of Burger by Rachel Ray, sauces and rubs for barbequing, coffee mugs, a subscription to the dollar shave club and fishing gear.

In case you are in need for some additional ideas here are some of my Pinterest favorites.


I hope these ideas help anyone looking for a creative handmade gift! And if you are looking for some  activities to do on Father's Day check out this post.
XOXO





1 comment:

  1. LOVE that shirt!! I may have to make one for both my husband and me :)

    ReplyDelete