August 18, 2017

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday!
How has your week been? We have had a great week, but boy has it been busy. Between running errands, grocery shopping, enjoying the last days of summer, fighting off a head cold and J.D. out of town, this week has left me feeling worn down. I've been working on a breastfeeding post all week, but with headaches and a fuzzy head I haven't finished it. I will get it done this weekend and post it before I leave for NYC on Wednesday! (If you have any NYC recommendations or tips I would still love to hear!) So if you're pregnant or a new mom, make sure you come back next week to check it out.


Now to the fun stuff! I'm linking up with Andrea, AprilApril, Lauren and Katie today to share our Friday favorites!

One.
A few weeks ago I was reading one of my favorite blogs, Momfessionals, and she mentioned using Witch Hazel as part of her morning makeup routine. This sparked my interest because I had never heard of it before, and immediately goggled it. I was so surprised to read about all the benefits and how much people love this product. After reading all the reviews I couldn't wait to get some. I've been using it for two weeks now and I love it! It makes my skin incredibly soft and has helped even out my skin tone. For $10, this product has blown me away and I get so excited to use it every day. I highly recommend adding it to your beauty routine!

Two.
The state fair is in town, which is a total highlight of the summer! The fair always comes the same week in August, and I remember as a kid counting down the days till it opened. I would also make my Mom drive by the fair grounds, the days before it opened, so I could see the rides being put together. Being at the fair with my kids takes me back to my childhood. The excitement, anticipation, the smell of fair food, all the lights and entertainment. The fair coming to town marks the end of summer and will forever hold a special place in my heart. I love creating these special memories with my kids, and hope they will always cherish them.
The look on Kai's face is priceless!

Three.
The final pool days. All of our city pools close this Sunday and it makes me so sad. It feels like it was just a few weeks ago that they were opening. We have plans to have a picnic in the park and go swimming one more time. I'm just not ready to see the summer go.
In-between swimming, my sweet boys picked me flowers and pretty rocks. They completely melt my heart!

Four.
Look who got his first haircut! I have been holding off on this as long as I could. I knew once we cut his hair he would look like a little boy. I also waited as long as I could when it came to cutting Kona's hair. There's just something about a baby getting their first haircut that makes me all sentimental.
Five.
Kona got this fingerprint doodle for his birthday and he loves it! You know I love making handprint art with the boys, so this is right up my alley. Kona get's to be creative and make a fun keepsake. A total win-win in my book! If you are looking for a birthday or Christmas present, check it out!



I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! What are your plans? I would love to hear!
If you want to see more of what were loving and up to during the week, make sure to follow us on Pinterest and Instagram. I just created a Instagram account (am I the last person on Earth to create an account??) and I'm super excited! So be sure to check it out!
XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment