October 17, 2017

Pumpkin Painting Party

 When I made our fall bucket list a pumpkin painting party was at the top of my list. I started painting pumpkins with Kona, when I was pregnant with Kai, for a easy but fun craft. He loved it so much, that now we paint several every year. This year we decided to have our favorite neighbor girls over for a little party. I couldn't wait to introduce Kai to our yearly tradition, I just knew he was going to love it! So, on Friday afternoon, we got our painting on.


I grabbed 4 smaller pumpkins when we went to the pumpkin patch last week, laid out newspaper on our outdoor table, got some stickers, washable paint and goodies. For snacks I made pumpkin cookies, popcorn and chocolate chip teddy grahams. I not sure how many cookie Kai had, but I know it was over 5 (enter monkey covering his eyes emoji here). Every time I turned around he was grabbing another one. Talk about a sugar high, aka crazy man! 
The kids had a blast and Kai loved slathering his pumpkin with as much paint as possible. :) After they were done painting pumpkins a fake water fight broke out. They all had a water gun and were chasing each other around the yard pretending to spray each other. I'm not sure who started it, but I'm pretty sure it was my husband. He was right along with them, chasing them and encouraging the craziness. It was a sugar high at it's finest! :) Thank goodness for husbands though, because Kery and I got to sit down and talk while nobody bothered us! It was a magical afternoon!
Our 4 cuties with their painted pumpkin. They are the sweetest friends and I love watching their friendship grow. We are in so much trouble when they all hit the teen years around the same time!
 
I hope everybody has a wonderful day! I'm off to Hobby Lobby to pick up circus party supplies because someone special is turning two!
XOXO

To see more of our everyday events follow us on Instagram.






3 comments:

  1. Aw, how fun is this? I can't wait for my nieces and nephew to move back to town so we can do things like this!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net
    #tuesdaytalk

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! I've done the same with my kids through the years, and it is always a great family time idea!

    ReplyDelete