July 21, 2017

Summer Bucket List Update

Happy Friday! We are so excited the weekend is here. We don't have much planned for the weekend, except soaking up as much family time as we can. Low key family weekends are the best! We have had such a busy and fun week around here trying to beat the heat. We met our cousins at the zoo, met friends at the splash park, went to story time at our local book store, played what feels like 100 hours of baseball and made sun pancakes for breakfast.
With a little over a month left, until Kona starts preschool, I thought it was the perfect time to update our summer bucket list. This summer has been full of many firsts and unforgettable moments, I can't wait to see what else is in store!

1. Go To A Concert In The Park.
2. Have A Water Balloon Fight.
3. Celebrate Kona's 4th Birthday And My 30th!
Our sweet boy turned 4 a few weeks ago and I seriously can't believe it! We celebrated with a dinosaur themed party and had the best time!  
4. Camp In The Back Yard.
5. Go To A Baseball Game.
6. Go Fishing.
7. Make Ice Cream Sandwiches.
8. Watch A Movie At The Drive In Theater.
A few weeks ago, we took Kona to see Cars 3 at the drive in and he was in awe. My cousin came over to watch Kai (since the movie started so late) and we had the best time. Watching his eyes light up, as we sat under the stars eating pizza, is a night I will never forget.
9. Make Sno Cones.
10. Go To The Splash Pad.
The boys had such a fun morning running, splashing, and chasing me with cups full of water!
11. Take Donuts and Coffee To The Park.
Kai couldn't eat his donut fast enough. Can you tell by the look on his face?!
12. Go To The Farmers Market.
13. Get A Treat From The Ice Cream Truck. 
I don't know if this one is going to happen this year, and I'm a little bummed about it! Running after the ice cream truck brings back so many memories of my childhood. My Great Grandparents would watch my cousins and I in the summer, and we would run down the street to get some ice cream, with my Great Grandpa running behind us. I cherish those memories and hope to make these same memories with the boys. Hopefully a ice cream truck will come by soon!
14. Make A Pizza On The Grill.
15. Jump In The Rain Puddles.
16. Take Kai On His First Fair Ride!
17. Watch Hot Air Balloons Fly Over The City.
18. Build A Sand Castle.
19. Try A New S'more Recipe.
20. Run Through The Sprinklers.
Running through the sprinklers, quickly turned in to playing golf in the sprinklers!
21. Sip Margaritas And Watch The Sun Set.
22. Watch Fireworks.
We had the best 4th of July, and Kona now thinks fireworks should happen every day. Me too buddy, me too :) Both boys sat through the fireworks show with big eyes and Kai kept yelling "boom, boom!" It was our best 4th of July yet, and I can't wait for next year!

23. Definitely last but not least, I want to enjoy every single crazy, messy and beautiful moment this summer has to offer!


I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
XOXO

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I love these sweet pics of your summer! Looks like you're having an amazing time as a family. My Kai is four, too--they grow SO fast! Hope you have a great weekend. ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I agree, they grow way too fast! It's crazy!

      Delete
  2. Looks like you guys are having a great summer! So many fun pictures! Enjoy your weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your bucket list! It looks like you are having an awesome Summer and your kiddos are lucky to have such an intentional mama. Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such a sweet comment! That means so much!

      Delete