July 3, 2017

Sunday Fun + The Best Margaritas

Happy Monday! I hope you had a wonderful weekend! J.D. had to work on Saturday but was home yesterday, which can only mean one thing, Sunday Funday! Since J.D. guides his schedule changes from week to week and he works a lot of weekends. So when he is home, especially for 4th of July weekend, we tend to throw our hands in the air and have some fun. Kona has been wanting to have a water balloon fight, so after running errands, lunch, naps, and playing in the pool that's just what we did!

After our water balloon fight, where everyone ganged up on me I might add, I got busy making the boys rocked hot dogs. When I saw this idea I knew the boys would love it, and I love it too, because they always tend to eat better when their food is fun!
 <>


And 4th of July weekend isn't complete without a drink or two on the patio, while watching fireworks. Margaritas always feel so summery to me, especially when they are made with fresh watermelon. These margaritas are the easiest to make, with only 4 ingredients. I have always been intimidated by making margaritas, but once I found out how simple it could be, I was hooked. We have mixed this recipe up with different fruit and always love them.


For two margaritas you'll need:
8 oz. watermelon juice
4-5 oz. lime juice (we like ours extra tangy!)
4 oz. tequila
Ice

One. In a large blender blend up your watermelon and ice until you have the consistency you like.
Two. Juice the limes using a small hand juicer.
Three. Add tequila & lime juice to the watermelon and mix.
Four. Pour margaritas into glasses and garnish with slices of watermelon.
Five. Enjoy!


I hope everyone has a great day and the best 4th of July!
XOXO







1 comment:

  1. Now I want a watermelon margarita!! Happy 4th! :) Those sausages look like so much fun.

    Laura - http://upintheloft.com

    ReplyDelete