October 6, 2017

Friday Favorites

Happy first Friday in October! I'm so excited my favorite time of year is here and I'm already panicking a little that it's the 6th. Does anybody else do that? I don't want October to end. We have so many fun things planned this month and I want to soak in every crisp, pumpkin filled moment. I blogged about our fall bucket list last week and I'm determined to check off every item, and trust me there's a lot!
I wanted to take a minute to send all of my love to those families affected by the violence in Los Vegas. My heart hurts for everyone who lost their loved ones. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I urge everyone to do something out of love and kindness this weekend. Taking cookies to neighbors, visiting a nursing home, sending a letter to a loved one, taking food to the food bank. If we want to see change in the world, we need to be the change. Love one another and remember that love will always win.


As always I'm linking up with Andrea, AprilApril, Lauren and Katie to share our Friday favorites. Let's get this party started!

One.
I know I have mentioned before how much I love our neighbors and this week my love for them grew even more. At the beginning of the week our dryer decided to quit and my sweet neighbor let me bring over my wet laundry to dry them at her house. She seriously is the best and totally saved the day!  When our dryer broke I was surprisingly okay with it. I mean a few days of not doing laundry sounded amazing! And it was amazing until we went and got a new dryer yesterday. Now I'm hating the fact that I didn't do laundry because our pile is huge. How do 4 people have so much?! On the flip side of things, laundry has been way more fun with a new dryer! Well see how long my enthusiasm lasts. :)
I can only image what my neighbors thought, as I was carrying a basket full of wet laundry with a drink on top down the street. I figured a White Claw was the perfect thank you gift. :)

Two.
Kona and I have been getting our craft on in the afternoons while Kai is napping. It's one of my favorite times of day and I look forward to some one-on-one time with my sweet boy. Both crafts were super easy to make and didn't take much time. If you are looking for a fall craft give them a shot. I also have tons of fall crafts on my fall Pinterest board.

Three.
I did a little shopping this week at Old Navy and got these pants and this flannel shirt. They are both really comfy and flattering. I love the flannel shirt because it can be worn a ton of different ways. I know they will both be on repeat all season long!

Four.
I finally got a massage yesterday and it was amazing. I haven't had one since I was pregnant with Kai and it reminded me that I need to make them more of a priority. I have been getting headaches everyday for weeks now and it's because my shoulders are so tight. I'm hoping that getting all the knots worked out will help. If you haven't had a massage lately make an appointment! You won't regret it!

Five.
I need some major help figuring out a color for our kitchen cabinets. Since we moved in I haven't been in love with the cabinets or counters, but redoing them isn't in the budget right now. I was thinking about using chalk paint and painting the cabinets, but I'm loss at what color to pick.
I took these pictures last night and the wall color looks way darker than they really are. The real color is a very light gray. Based on how dark the floors and counters are, what color should I paint the cabinets?
 Here are some of my ideas.
Blue Gray | Blue | Green | Gray | Sage Green
I really like them all and need help narrowing it down. I'm not set on any of these colors though so if you have something else in mind I would love to hear it! So which one is your favorite? Help!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful October weekend!
XOXO

In case you missed it, this week I posted about:

Make sure you follow us on Instagram to see more of our everyday events!

3 comments:

  1. I'm sad about how fast October is flying by too! I vote light gray, navy/dark blue, or white for the cabinets. Personally, I'm a white cabinet girl but I love the gray & blue colors too! Happy Friday!
    Kelsey
    www.kelseypeacock.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote white for the cabinets! :) Love that you were walking down the street with the hard seltzer and wet laundry! Have a great weekend!

    Happilyevergriedlscom.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete