September 1, 2017

30 Things For My 30th Birthday

Happy Friday!
This week I turned 30 and wanted to share 30 things you probably don't know about me!
My first birthday.

I have a huge crush on Josh Turner. I have seen him in concert a few times and his song "I Wouldn't Be A Man" was the song J.D. and I danced to at our wedding.


I am terrified of mice. Just the thought of them gives me the creeps.


I am an only child.


My favorite food is cereal and I could eat it every meal of the day. If it's in the house, it's all I want to eat and I can polish off a box in no time. I only allow myself to buy it about 3 times a year.


When I was little I wanted to be an interior decorator and architect. I would draw house plans I made up and how each one would be decorated. I am still in love with interior design and get all sorts of giddy when I get asked to help decorate a room.


My other huge passions are party and wedding planning. I worked for a wedding venue one summer and have been hired to plan many weddings and parties. Obsessed is an understatement.


I have never broken a bone.


I am an early morning person. I look forward to the stillness of the house and my first cup of coffee every night.


J.D. and I met a few weeks after I graduated high school. I was only 17 and we have been together ever since.


I wish I had a southern accent.


Before I make coffee, I warm up my coffee cup so my coffee stays extra hot. (I get this from my dad.)


I love staying in hotels. Seriously I get so excited!


The summer going into my sophomore year I had surgery on both of my feet. They took out bones and inserted metal pins. I was bedridden for 6 weeks, which is the worst thing you can do to a teenager during summer break.


Most of the time I'm an all or nothing kind of girl. Makeup, full face or nothing at all. My car, totally spotless or a complete disaster. My to-do list, I knock it out of the park or do nothing at all.


I can't nap. I try, but once I'm awake, I'm awake for the day. Thank goodness I do well on very little sleep.


I can drink coffee late in the evening and go to bed with no problem.


The first time I moved was when I went to college. My parents bought their house before I was born and my Dad still lives there!


I hate confrontation and will avoid it at any cost. Unless it come to my kids, and then mama bear comes out.


We don't have cable, Netflix or Hulu.


I have always wanted 4 kids.


I have only missed 2 seasons of the Bachelor/Bachelorette. I love everything about it and I'm not afraid to admit it. ;)


Koala Bears are my favorite animal.


We are huge Patriots fans.


Billy Ray Cyrus was the first concert I ever saw. I can't remember how old I was, but I remember being soooo excited and loving him.


I have only been out of the country once, and that was to go to Mexico for the day. I was visiting my Aunt in San Diego and we took a bus into the country. I'm really excited to start traveling more and checking more countries off my list!


I almost didn't make it to the hospital to deliver Kai, but I had no idea I was at 10 centimeters. My pain level was so low I told J.D. to stop and get coffee on the way to the hospital. When we got there and they told me I was at 10 centimeters and ready to push, I was in total shock. Once my water broke, he was born 3 minutes later.


I'm not a fan of the winter, which is ironic considering how much snow we get here.


I love The Big Bang Theory and completely geek out about it.


I'm not a fan of chocolate.


When I was little I wanted a retainer and glasses so bad. Lucky me, I got both.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend!  
XOXO

I created a new Instagram account last week and would love for you to follow!
I'll be recapping our New York trip next week so make sure to come back and check that out!

2 comments:

  1. You are cracking me up with your all-or-nothing ways and your wish to have a retainer and glasses as a kid. I'm sitting here with zero makeup on because I just wanted to sit down with my coffee and read some blogs for the morning! But when I do put makeup on, I put it ALL on. Love early mornings too. :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY and I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!!! I love these posts - it's always fun to learn more about the blogger behind the blog. :)

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete