September 7, 2017

Kona's First Day Of Preschool

Yesterday we a huge day in the Robert's household and honestly, one that I have been dreading all summer. Kona had his first day of preschool! He was over the moon with excitement and couldn't wait for the first day to get here. For the past month, he has been asking me every morning, "Mom is today the day I get to go to school?!" When I would tell him, no school doesn't start until September, he would reply "Mom look outside, It's September now! It's time for school!" I'm so proud of him and the bravery he showed. Knowing how excited he was to play, meet new friends, play outside, and learn make the big day so much easier. He was ready, ready to spread his wings and be his own little person. My Mommy heart could just burst from all the love I have for this sweet boy.
I don't think his smile could get much bigger!
We started a first day of preschool countdown about a week ago, and by Tuesday Kona could hardly handle his excitement. He wore his backpack all day, showed all the neighbors, packed as many things as he could in it, asked a million questions and read his preschool books multiple times. He had a hard time falling asleep and was crawling into our bed at 3:00am and thought it was time to go. Seriously it was the cutest, until he didn't want to get up to actually go to school. Oh the life of kids! Once he got up, he couldn't wait to get dressed and take pictures. (You can find the sign here.) We walked him into his classroom and he was so brave. He gave us hugs, said goodbye, gave his teacher her gift (you can see what we got her here) and sat in the circle with the other kids. Thank goodness J.D. was there with me, he's the one that urged me to go and reassured me that everything was okay. I didn't cry, which I was shocked about, but my heart was pounding and my stomach hurt.
When we went to get him he came running to me and gave me the biggest hug. My heart seriously melted into a huge puddle. He told us he loved his teacher, had a blast playing outside and the best part of the day were the animal crackers for snack! We took him out to pizza for lunch where he told us about the rest of the day and all the fun he had. He spent the rest of the afternoon playing school and working on his letters. :)

I'm so proud of him and can't wait to see what the rest of the year holds. I'm extremely thankful for our church and the wonderful preschool program they have. If you are also sending your children to preschool for the first time this week, my heart is with you. It's not easy, but watching them grow into who they are meant to be, makes this parenting gig that much sweeter.

"To have a child, is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body" Author: Unknown
XOXO


I would love for you to follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!


No comments:

Post a Comment