September 19, 2017

Girls Trip To New York {Part 3}

Here is Part 1 and Part 2 in case you missed them!

Days 5 & 6 were so fun and I got to meet one of my idols!
Day 5 started off with some of the best pizza I have ever had. There was this little pizza shop just right down the street from us. They had every type of pizza you could think of and the best part, it was thin crust! Thin crust pizza is my jam :)
After we sat in silence and ate (because it was that good) we headed for Dylan's Candy Bar. On the way we saw this mural and had to stop and take a picture. Not only do I love the colors and design, I love what it is saying. Instead of throwing hate around, let's spread love.
We had so much fun at Dylan's Candy Bar and felt like kids again, oohing and aahing over all the candy and suckers the size of our heads. We got our kids enough sugar to last them a year and picked up a treat or two for ourselves! They also had the best fudge I've ever tasted.
My boys flipped when they saw these suckers!
Afterwards, we headed to Central Park and saw the Waldorf Astoria from Home Alone 2. Did anybody else wish they could be Kevin when they were little?!
We walked through Central Park, watched a baseball game and kickball practice. We had such a great time and felt like we were somewhat back home. Except we don't have skyscrapers towering over the trees. ;)  
After so much walking and sightseeing we were starving. Shay over at Mix and Match Mama blogged about this cute restaurant and I knew we had to try it out. I'm so glad we checked it out because it was amazing! The outdoor seating was adorable and the food was amazing. This was my favorite dinner out of the whole week.
When our last drop of wine was gone we grabbed an Uber and headed back to our place. We knew we had to get some sleep if we were going to get up at 4:00am for the Today Show!
4:00am came awfully early, but we were so excited we didn't mind one bit. Sandy and I are HUGE Kathie Lee and Hoda fans and always talk about how we would love their job! Drinking wine, dressing up and hanging out with your best friend sounds pretty good to me!
I had a mini freak out moment when Hoda took a picture with us! I don't think the smile on Sandy's face could get any bigger! It's my favorite! Hoda couldn't have been kinder to us and everybody in the crowd. She took the time to say hi and take pictures with everyone. I thought I was a huge fan before we met her, but now I'm a super fan!
When the Today Show was over we walked across the street for some Starbucks and headed back to our apartment. While we were chugging our coffee and regrouping from meeting Hoda, we decided to get ticks for the Lady Gaga concert that night! We couldn't believe there were still tickets available and jumped at the opportunity.

After getting our coffee buzz on and changing clothes we headed our for more pizza and the Grand Central Terminal. It was really beautiful and I'm glad we decided to see it. With lots of time till the concert we decided to do some shopping. I got myself a little birthday present from Michael Kors!
After walking around and shopping we were ready for a sweet treat. When I heard that The Milk Bar had cereal milk soft serve, I knew I had to try it out. (I blogged about my love for cereal here plus 29 other fun facts about me!) The Milk Bar didn't disappoint, I was in cereal heaven!
We shopped a little more and then headed to the Lady Gaga concert! The concert was quite a ways from where we were staying and since the subway confused the heck out of us, we left super early. When we got to Citi Field we grabbed dinner at a bar that was right around the corner. After dinner it was time to relax, drink a beer and wait. And wait we did because the concert started two hours late. She came on stage around 10:30 and put on one of the best concerts I have ever seen. Her concert was worth every penny and I would go see her again in a heartbeat. If you have the opportunity, you have to go. She was a phenomenal performer and the concert had a really intimate feeling. She told some personal stories and talked to the crowd like we were at a small café and had known each other forever. All around us people were crying, at many different times during the concert. She left me thinking about love, life and how we all need to treat each other. Her message came right back to the mural we saw at the beginning of the day. 

And just like that, it was time to pack up and go home. As I was about to board my last flight Sandy gave me the most thoughtful birthday gift. She wrote these letters for me to read when I need them the most. You guys, I started crying my eyes out when she gave them to me. All of the emotions from our trip, saying goodbye, knowing I was about to see my boys and having her pour her heart into these letters made me lose it. When people go above and beyond to show me how much they care, I cry and cry. I get all choked up just thinking about our friendship and how much Sandy means to me. Every women needs a friend like her in their life. A rock, cheerleader, supporter and friend who loves you, flaws and all.



Tears fell down my cheeks half way home and when I finally saw my boys I was overwhelmed with emotions all over again. Until I found out the airline lost my luggage, but that's another story! ;) To sum it all up, our trip to New York exceeded my wildest expectations. A girls trip did wonders for my soul and I'm hoping we can make it a yearly tradition!
If you are planning a trip to NYC and have any questions please email me or leave a comment. I would love to help answer any questions you have!
XOXO

Don't forget to check out Part 1 and Part 2!
Check us out on Instagram for a closer look at our everyday events!

No comments:

Post a Comment