March 3, 2017

Dr. Seuss Craft Day

Kona loves Dr. Seuss books and gets such a kick out of them so yesterday we had some friends over to celebrate Dr. Seuss' birthday! It was such a fun afternoon filled with snacks and lots of crafting! The funny thing is, before we had kids, I didn't like Dr. Seuss books, but now I love them and we read and re-read them multiple times a week. :)

 We had "Hop on Popcorn" and "Red Fish, Blue Fish, Goldfish" to snack on, I grabbed most of the Dr. Seuss books we have and a fun sign my Grandma got Kona for his birthday to decorate our kitchen table. I also picked up Horton Hears a Who journal's and stickers at the Target dollar spot! Kona loves writing "letters" to write J.D. while he's working, so I knew he would love this little journal. I set everything up while Kona was having quiet time and when he finally saw the table his eyes got so big. He couldn't wait for his friend to get here and stared out the window asking "Mom, are they here yet?!?" approximately 20 times. :) 
I love this saying and pray that my kids always follow their dreams.
 

 We started by making The Cat in the Hat, hat by gluing red construction paper on hat's I drew and cut out. Then we decided these hats needed to be turned in to masks. I love the way they turned out and it was such a fun add on! Since it was a last minute thing we only had green plates, but I still think they are super cute. I think Kona agrees with me! :)
 Next up was the animal from Put Me in the Zoo. We cut out yellow construction paper, drew the face and glued on his spots. I love the way they turned out!
Finally we made red fish, blue fish handprints. I try and do hand or footprint crafts a few times a year for different holidays. They are my favorite things to do and I love pulling them out every year and displaying them.

 
 I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! We will be spending ours outside enjoying the 50 degree weather! XOXO






No comments:

Post a Comment